Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Lunch Program

Did you know that most states offer a summer lunch program that is FREE for kids under age 18? My kids love it. Its a program from the goverment and it serves healthy food and milk. Adults can buy a lunch for 2.00. Our school in Idaho serves a main dish that changes every day and then there is also pbnj sandwiches and sub sandwiches. I tend to get a 6 inch sandwich with ham and turkey, all the fixins, chips and a chocolate milk for 2.00. How great is that? Just like going to Subway.
In Idaho they also serve breakfast.
My girls love going to school lunch. I like it because I don't have to worry about what to make for lunch 5 days a week and there is nothing for me to clean up after. If you want to see if your school district does this type in your school district name in a search and see what comes up.

0 comments: