Wednesday, June 29, 2011

2 years

Today I realized this is the 2 year anniversary of the day that Danny and Emily left our house in Utah and drove up to Idaho for his new job. Maybe that is why I have just had a blah kinda day. Saturday will mark the 2 years that Hailey, Abby and Maggie and I left. I am still sad. I still am not 100% happy here. I miss my family every single day in Utah. I miss my friends and I miss my old job. I don't think there is ever a day when I don't want to go back. My sisters ask me all the time, when are you coming back? I wish I could tell them I am.
Someone told me not that long ago that the home sickness is supposed to go away after 6 months, well I am way past that and I am still waiting. (i still have some boxes in the garage I have not unpacked, and I just in May pulled out a box of pictures and frames. My walls are starting to not be so bare)
Having my brother here since the end of May has helped. But as the time gets closer for him to go home the sadder I am getting. And then I get happy when I think of one of my sisters and her family coming on Saturday and spending a week here. And then my mind goes to the day they have to leave and take Andrew home with them and the mess that I am going to be that day. I know that I will get to see them less then a month after that for our family vacation but after August 7th, I don't know when I will get to see any of them again.
I am trying to get Brendan to come up. Either meet someone half way on July 10th with him or have him come back with us after our trip to Southern Idaho and then return him to Rexburg or Idaho Falls before we go to Yellowstone for a week.
Anyway, I can't believe that its been 2 years.

1 comments:

kkupfer said...

Time has taken for ever. I want you back you have a big family that miss you so much. My kids need to know who their aunt is! Hurry home.