Monday, February 6, 2012

Bountiful Baskets

So we really have been liking BountifulBaskets.org
We have tried many different veggies that I would never have bought before like brussel sprouts, asparagus, and cauliflower. or even cabbage. The girls love going to get the basket. they will be sad we are not going this weekend. We just have so much veggies I think we need to take a break and eat what we have.
This past weekend we got, 2 pineapples, asparagus, strawberries, onions, tomatoes, red bell peppers, broccoli, red lettuce, coconut, kiwi, mint, plantains, vanilla bean, a bag of potatoes, celery and more I can't remember. Turns out I like asparagus how we cooked it last night, and even the cabbage I cooked on Friday for dinner was good.
Bountiful Baskets is a co-op so no one gets paid and its all volunteers who put it together. I checked at the store and I saved over 20.00 just in one week. I love that the kids are trying new things too. Go to the website and see if there is a Bountiful Basket near you.

0 comments: