Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Haileys bus ride home

This bus thing is weird.
When I called to get the bus schedule they didn't tell me what bus number she would take to school just what bus number to take home. All they said was, the bus comes at 8:18 on the corner of Singing Hills and Autumn Crest. So we get her to the corner and bus 39 comes. She gets on and goes to school. Well I knew that she needed to take bus 11 home. However, when i go to get her, bus 39 comes to the corner and kids get off but there is no Hailey. I start to follow the bus, calling the school at the same time. School says call bus office we don't have radios to call the drivers to see if she forgot to get off or even if she got on. Then I see another bus that has 11 on it turning down our street. So, I flip a u turn and follow the bus. The bus stops in front of our new house. I am thinkg good, she will be on this bus and get off her. But nope, no one gets off and the bus goes again. So I start to follow the bus. Meanwhile I am still trying to get ahold of the bus office and no one is answering the phone there. Danny is driving to Haileys school to look for her there. Finally 4 streets later, the bus stops long enough for me to get out so I can go talk to the driver and I see Hailey getting off the bus.
I thought she would have been on the bus that dropped them off at the corner since that is where she get on at but since going home from today on Emily will be with her, the bus drops them both off at our house which is why they go on a different bus home that takes them right to our house. She didn't get off at the house because she didn't see me waiting for her because I was behind the bus.
So today, we are going to try this again. She got on bus 39 this morning and will be on bus 11 right to our house after school. Oh I can't wait until we move on September 25th. I won't have to drive 10 minutes to get them to school and then pick them back up. I will only have to take Emily to school and it's not that far.

0 comments: