Thursday, September 15, 2011

crockpot lasagna

Today I made this. I got it from crockpot365.blogspot.com (n i don't know why it won't link it. I keep trying)
1 pound lean hamburger. browned and grease drained.
1 (28-ounce) jar prepared pasta sauce
25-30 frozen cheese or meat ravioli (I used gluten free; please mind labels!)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used Italian blend-- mozzarella, parmesan, etc)
2 tablespoons warm water


Use a 4-quart slow cooker. After browning the meat in a skillet, drain well and add the pasta sauce (save the jar!) to the meat in your saute pan. Stir to combine.


Scoop a large spoonful of meat sauce and spread into the bottom of an empty slow cooker. Add a layer of frozen ravioli. Then add another layer of meat sauce. Continue layering until you run out of ravioli and sauce. Sprinkle cheese evenly all over the top.


Put 2 tablespoons of water into the empty pasta sauce jar, and shake. Pour this water over the top of your "lasagna."


Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for about 4. Your lasagna is done when the pasta on the ravioli is tender and the filling is heated through.

*My notes, I wish I would have had 2 packages of ravoil. I had a lot of exra hamburer sauce i would have liked to have made another layer with. Oh well. Its starting to smell yummy.
i was able to get 2 layers out of 1 package. maybe my crockpot is just bigger then the one she used? it was really easy to make and probably took 15 mintues from start to finish and I only had 2 dishes to wash. Having a green salad and french bread to go with it.

0 comments: