Wednesday, September 7, 2011

From Freezer to crockpot

I was on www.thekrazycouponlady.com and she had posted some easy freezer meals that you can just throw in your crockpot. And since i had just bought 5 pounds of chicken this morning and I had everything here at home to make them I did. It took me about 30 minutes, there was no mess to clean up except for 1 measuring cup and a garlic press. i mixed everything in the bag and then added the chicken. I added 4 breasts to each bag.
Now on a day that I don't have dinner planned I will just throw these in the crockpot and be done with dinner for the most part. just cook up some rice or noodles and a veggie (I am thinking steamfresh veggies for an even simpler dinner and 10 minute boil in bag rice)
* next time i make these kinds of food, I am going to buy the reynolds crockpot liners and put all the stuff in the liner and then put it in a freezer bag. Makes clean up a breeze.*
So, I hope you enjoy the recipes.


Beef Pepperoncini Sandwiches (my version on a French Dip)

•2 lb Chuck Roast
•16 oz Jar Peperoncinis
•1 Good Seasons Italain Seasoning Packet
Add all three ingredients into a Gallon Size Freezer Bag and put in freezer. When you are ready to cook this, put all ingredients into crockpot and let cook for 8 hours on low. Once the meat is cooked, shred it and serve on rolls or hogies with swiss or provolone cheese. YUM!

Brown Sugar Chicken (Don’t Judge me)

•Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, I did 4
•1 cup Brown Sugar
•1/4 cup Sprite (I will add this once I add everything to the crockpot)
•2/3 cup Vinegar
•3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
•2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
•1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Add all ingredients to Gallon Size Freezer Bag, except for the Sprite. When you are ready to cook this, put all ingredients into a crockpot, add the sprite and let cook for 3-4 hours on high.

Honey Garlic Chicken

•Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breats, I used 4
•3 Garlic Cloves, smashed and chopped
•1 Teaspoon Dried Basil (I used Fresh)
•1/2 cup Soy Sauce
•1/2 cup Ketchup
•1/3 cup Honey
Add all ingredients to Gallon Size Freezer Bag. When you are ready to cook this, put all ingredients into a crockpot and let cook for 3-4 hours on high.

BBQ Chicken

•Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breats, I used 4
•Chopped Green Pepper
•Chopped White Onion
•BBQ Sauce, I used Sweet Baby Rays (but use whatever you have in your stockpile)
Combine all ingredients in a Gallon Size Freezer Bag. When you are ready to cook this, put all ingredients into a crockpot and cook for 3-4 hours on high.

Veggies in a Bag

•Chopped Onion
•Chopped Banana Squash
•Chopped Red Potatoes
•Chopped Green Pepper
•Garlic
•Fresh Basil
Put all ingredients in a Gallon Freezer Size Bag. When you are ready to cook this, cook the veggies by themselves (if you are going to Grill Meat) or add meat to the crockpot as well.

0 comments: