Friday, March 11, 2011

Easy and trifty meal idea:

Lately, I have been seaching for new dinners for my family. This recipe came from www.athriftymom.com under her menu plan.
Ham Rolls:
Ham slices
swiss or mozzarella cheese
stuffing (cooked according to package directions)
arpicot or peach jelly
and a little water
I used thin sliced ham lunch meat but I am sure that any ham slices will work.
So here is what I did:
i took 2 pieces of ham and overlapped them.
then i cut the swiss chees in half and layed it over the ham
then take the stuffing and put some on the cheese and roll up. (a thrifty mom put the stuffing down first and then put a string cheese on top of the stuffing)
after you get it rolled up, put in a greased pan. I put tin foil down first just to make clean up a little easier.
take your jelly and thin down with water. I didn't measure the jelly or water. I just took some spoonfulls of jelly and added water until i thought it was think enough. pour over the roll ups. when cooking this will create a glaze.


Cover with tin foil and cook at 350 for 25-30 minutes until sauce starts to bubble and cheese is melted.
I am going to serve these with butter noodles. (just egg noodles cooked then some butter and garlic salt.

3 comments:

kkupfer said...

I think I will do this for sunday dinner!

rashelle said...

for the entire family or just yours? Tomorrow we are making gourmet ranch chicken bacon pizza.. I can't wait

rashelle said...

results from this,
Hailey said it was the best meal i made all week. (I have to disagree, i think the creamy chicken taquatios were the best.) Abby wouldn't even eat it and the rest of us thought it was ok. Not something i would make often but maybe every few months. and i might try it with string cheese next time to make it more cheesy.