Monday, March 7, 2011

Holy pants+ a glue gun= new shorts

Today as I was folding laundry, i noticed that a pair of Maggies pants had a hole in the knee. I have known this hole was there for a while but today it was just to big for her to keep wearing. So, I threw them away. A few minutes later I had a Ha Ha moment.
I went to the garbage and got the pants out. I cut them at the knee, folded them and hot glue gunned them in to shorts. Then I took some ribbon i had in a box and put some ribbon on them. They turned out pretty good. And to wear to the lake with a swimsuit, who is going to notice if the folds are a little uneven? Then with the scraps, i cut a couple of squares, took a pair of Abbys and Haileys pants that have holes turned them inside out and hot glued a patch over the hole in their knees too. I don't expect these patches to last forever but maybe for a few more wearings. And then they will become shorts too. I will post a picture soon.

0 comments: