Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Maggie hates school

In January Maggie started to go to a preschool on Wednesdays from 9-12. She was so excited. She loved going. The first day she was saying goodbye before I even walked her in. She had so much fun. Then she missed a week when we were in Utah. The next time she went she was crying so bad for me not to go. I left anyway thinking she would be fine once I left. She wasn't. I guess she cried the whole time. I asked her why and she said she just missed me. All last week she was so excited to go to school again. She was asking everyday. Finally it was Wednesday and she got to go to school. She was fine while we were diving and even when we pulled up to school. As soon as we got out of the car, it was just tears. She kept saying she was going to miss me. I told her I would miss her too but she needed to be brave and stay. She stayed and didn't cry as much as the prior week. When I picked her up she said she wasn't coming back.
Well today again she was super excited to go. Then as soon as we got in the car to go the tears came. I took her to the store and told her she could get a treat to have after school if she didn't cry. she said ok and picked 2 airheads. Got in the car to go to school and the tears started, she was screaming she wasn't going. She was crying when I left. I ask her why she doesn't want to go and same answer, she will miss me. She doesn't want to go back.
So should I not take her back, should I keep taking her? What should I do?

1 comments:

kkupfer said...

I think something must have happend, I would talk to the teacher and find out why, it can't be just because you came to Utah for a week. Maggie is smarter then that.